I flicked inspiration from EvaThePeanut to write my very own tulan list. Before I begin listing out all my frustrations, I decided to do a quick Google search on what the word tulan means. Here are the top 3 results:
- The Obnoxious 5xmom blog came up and in a specific entry defined a selection of Hokkien baddies. It was here I found out that tulan literally means, pig’s penis.
- A directory listing of restaurants and it seems Tu Lan is a popular Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco.
- Kenny Sia’s guide to using the word tulan. He described it as a feeling of extreme dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
So here’s my tulan list of extreme dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
- When our office cleaner comes in to wash our toilets, mysteriously our toilet rolls are all soaked and damp. Did she take a shower while cleaning the loo?
- When we have visitors to our office, as they leave, they press the panic button next to the exit although there’s a sign next to it that says “DO NOT PRESS”.
- When there’s no water and the nearest toilet is across the street in McDonald’s.
- When I get home and some idiot’s car is parked at my allocated parking lot
- When there’s no ice for my coffee (my bad cos as I almost never refill the ice cube tray once consumed)
- When it rains in the midst of my favourite TVB drama at the point where someone’s about to get killed and the TV goes all fuzzy.
At my parent’s place
- When I wanna eat pancakes for dinner and mom’s already prepped 3 dishes and rice.
- When there’s no butter and I have the sudden urge to bake.
- When dad’s PC acts up and I can’t seem to log on into Facebook to monitor my Restaurant City stats.
- When I get the seat right under the air conditioning vent and I forgot to bring my pashmina.
- When Dave is engrossed with his iPhone and I only have the iPod touch.
- When the kid sitting in front of me stares at me like I stole his lollipop.
On the road
- When crazy wacko motorcyclists ride like they own the road. On all 3 lanes of the highway.
- When you drive up to a petrol station and that pump you chose to stop at is “out of service”.
- When I pay for parking with RM 4 worth of coins and I key in the wrong car registration number and have to start all over again.
- When Josie doesn’t want to hang out with me cos she’s out somewhere karaoke-ing at the Curve
- When Grace and William manage to watch Transformers 2 before me and Dave.
- When Mei Li doesn’t laugh at my jokes
Ah … life.